A Court of Thorns and Roses #2: A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas

Warning! There will be spoilers!

A Court of Mist and Fury

Published: May 3rd, 2016

Page Count: 640

"Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights."
 



~

5 stars


Wow. This book has been such a rollercoaster of emotions, plot twists and heartbreak. Sarah J. Maas has done it again with this second amazing instalment. 

And although I absolutely loved the first book in the series, I think this one might actually be even better. 

Feyre absolutely kicks butt in this book and it is really nice to see her as a Fae in action. Mindblowingly awesome. I did think that her Changing would have some kind of consequence later on but I didn't expect her to be able to wield that kind of power. It was slightly terrifying and awesome all at the same time. 

The way that Sarah J. Maas made me first absolutely ship Feyre with Tamlin and then suddenly have that change to Feyre and Rhysand is something to applaud her for. For so long I had always loved her with Tamlin and knew that if only he would understand her current situation they'd be able to work all of the things out and everything could go back to normal. I didn't actually realize just how bad her situation at the Spring Court was until she noticed it herself. It truly felt like we were living her life with her. 

The way she ends up fighting for her own freedom is just such a wonderfully feministic thing to do and I think it sends out a wonderful message: you can have love and romance but it doesn't have to chain you down in any way, and it shouldn't. 

Hearing Rhysand's part of the story absolutely gave me chills, especially knowing that it went way further than what was seen in A Court of Thorns and Roses. It felt like a lot of the stuff he did and said just fell into place perfectly and then there was no doubt in my mind that Tamlin was just a no-no for her. 

Being an absolute sucker for romance cheesiness, I fell in love with the entire mating thing. It was just so perfect and adorable and cute and *squeeeeaaaal* (internal fangirl moment over
And when the sex finally happened, damn. That was just so hot and intense. 

The new characters that we got to meet: Mor, Cassian, Azriel and Amren were all just so complex and intriguing and I loved hearing about all of their stories and relationships together. 

Then that ending. I need to discuss that ending. 

DAMN. The entire sequence with both of Feyre's sisters turning into Fae themselves blew my mind. I was so absolutely shocked and did not expect that to happen. Can you guys imagine how badass Nesta will be as a Fae? It will be perfect. 

I have to admit that I didn't know that there was going to be a third book (should have looked that up, whoopsies!) but it just shocked me so much more at the end that way, especially with Feyre being a spy at Tamlin's Court now. I am so excited for the third book.  


~

"And at least have the decency to only call me a prick when your shields are back up."

"You are no one's subject."

"Come on Feyre. We don't bite. Unless you ask us to."

"So I'm your huntress and thief?"
"You are my salvation, Feyre."

"I was not a pet, not a doll, not an animal. I was a survivor, and I was strong. I would not be weak, or helpless again I would not, could not be broken. Tamed."

"There are good days and hard days for me - even now. Don't let the hard days win."

"I had become too big for these rooms, for this fragile mortal ife, too stained and wild and ... powerful."

"What - literally should at the tattoo?"
"You could try rubbing it on certain body parts and I might come faster."

"I could learn to love it, I realized. The flying."

"There are different kinds of darkness.There is the darkness that frightens, the darkness that soothes, the darkness that is restful. There is the darkness of lovers, and the darkness of assassins. It becomes what the bearer wishes it to be, needs it to be. It is not wholly bad or good."

"Fortunately for Cassian's balls, you arrived at the right time."

"Her breasts are rather spectacular, aren't they? Delicious as ripe apples."

"No wonder immortality never gets dull."

"The issue isn't whether he loved you, it's how much. Too much. Love can be a poison."

"To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."
"To the stars who listen - and the dreams that are answered."

"Many atrocities have been done in the name of the greater good."

"You are good, Rhys. You are kind. This mark does not scare me. I can see beneath it."

"I want to paint you."
"Nude would be best."

"I was not the High Lord's pet any longer. And maybe the world should learn that I did indeed have fangs."

"That simply won't do. Paint my eyes next to hers. So the males of this family will know we're both watching them next time they come up here to get drunk for a week straight."

"We have five centuries of tangled history for you to sort through. Good luck."

"You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

"If that is the worst insult any of you have ever received in your lives, I'd say you're all in for a shock when war comes."

"Feyre Cursebreaker, the Defender of the Rainbow."

"You might be my mate, but you remain your own person. You decide your fate - your choices. Not me. You chose yesterday. You choose every day. Forever."

"Love - love was a balm as much as it was a poison."

"And so Tamlin unwittingly led the High Lady of the Night Court into the heart of his territory."


0 Comments