Unearthly #3: Boundless - Cynthia Hand

Boundless
Goodreads Link

Author: Cynthia Hand

Length: 434 pages

"The past few years held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner ever could have anticipated. Now, with the fallen angel who attacked her watching her every move and the threat of Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny—a destiny that includes Christian Prescott by her side. But in order to complete her purpose, Clara must first find a way to give up the thing she wants most . . . a future with the boy she loves, Tucker Avery."

★ ★  ★ STARS

Warning. Spoilers Ahead. 


Aw man, the ending of this book really got to me again, just like the ending of Hallowed. I'm not sure how many more times I'm able to read about saying goodbye to their loved ones without crying all over myself. 

I very much enjoyed this book and I feel like the ending was really a perfect way to wrap up this trilogy. It felt very bittersweet, especially because of what happens between Clara and Christian, but I do feel like it was inevitable, either for Christian or Tucker, and also I am also optimistic about what the future for them holds (as friends). Knowing Christian, he will definitely find a way to forgive Clara and move on. 

Probably the most shocking thing that happened in my opinion was Angela's pregnancy. I literally could not believe it when she told Clara she was pregnant. Um...what?! She was definitely the last person I expected to end up having a baby, but wow. 

What I also really loved about the ending was Jeffrey and his escape from hell. That was quite shocking to me, but I suppose looking back it wasn't completely surprising that that would have ended up happening to him. I am still quite curious as to what his purpose is, though, since we never really got to learn about that. I definitely hope that he ends up choosing the side of good (again) and manages to stick on the straight and narrow.

That epilogue though, was just so sweet. I am incredibly happy that Clara and Tucker managed to find their happy ending together. And speaking of that, Tucker a prophet? I am actually pretty disappointed that there won't be any more sequels where we get to see Tucker learning how to cope with his new abilities or powers or whatever. 

What I also really wished for was more of a rounded off ending for Sam. I know that he probably won't ever end up being "good" again or whatever (unless Clara manages to stab him with her glory sword) but I would have liked a bit more of a closed ending for him. He was probably one of the most interesting and complex characters of the trilogy and I do wish that he could have found peace again. 

Overall, I did really enjoy this series. It's not one of my favorite series of all time, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. I think book 2 was definitely my favorite of the three. :) 

0 Comments