A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Wings and Ruin



Goodreads


Author: Sarah J. Maas

Length: 699 pages


"Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.


As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places. "


5 stars  ★ ★ ★ ★


Warning! Spoilers (obviously!) 


*

Oh my dear sweet lord was that a fantastic book! Every time I get further into this beautiful world I get more and more mesmerized by its complexity, intrigue and fantasy. Sarah J. Maas has nailed the awesomeness of writing once again, which comes at a surprise to...no one. Hah. 

The thing that really captures the heart and soul of this series would have to be all of the numerous characters. All the complexity and depth that each and every one of them has, with a very fascinating back story to go with it, had me absolutely hooked to each and every one of the pages. The rise and fall of alliances, relationships and friendships will quite literally keep you at the edge of your seat, bitting your fingernails down to a stub (only metaphorically thank goodness, but still!)

But my, oh my was this book wildly exciting. I think my favorite thing about this specific book would have to be the integration of Nesta and Elain into the Night Court. I think they were by far the most interesting and dynamic characters of this book, considering that they had literally just been Made by the Cauldron and were adapting to the Fae life with very...different results, bless them. 

And the suspense...argh, all of the fights always had my heart at the edge of completely stuttering out as Rhys, Feyre, Cassian & Azriel very closely played with death. I was sitting there, at the end of the last fight with tears in my eyes as I was praying that none of them would die. 

Also, since I totally shipped both Elain/Lucien and Nesta/Cassian throughout this whole book, it was extremely frustrating when the two couples kept tiptoeing and dancing around each other. I do have to say that I totally understand Elain's reluctance and fear at accepting her mating bond with Lucien, but I do still believe that he would have taken such good care of her and she would have been way better off than becoming more and more restless and depressed throughout without him. 
Now, Nesta and Cassian had a very interesting relationship and if I am not mistaken they actually have a MATING BOND? Darn, throughout the whole book I was expecting something to happen and when it never really did (until the very end, but still!),  I got so friggin' frustrated. Also, while I absolutely love Mor to death, I was also incredibly frustrated that she was getting between the two of them. AARGH. 

Of course, there was no real tension anymore between Feyre and Rhys since they were now officially "married" and living happily together. But you know what? I didn't mind one bit. It was actually very nice for a change to see there being romance and seeing it as it is without all the *will they won't they* things going on. They are still an absolutely amazing power couple and they always made me swoon with their romance. 

But that ending. That ending! Everything was just too much. Amren. Nesta. Cassian. Elain. Feyre. RHYS oh my gosh! 

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Thank you Sarah J. Maas! 

Also, there are more books coming?! Apparently they will be spin-offs of the main storyline and will wrap up the series, which sounds friggin' awesome to me!

Things I most definitely need: 

  • Elain/Lucien and Nesta/Cassian together ASAP??
  • Mor's back-story
  • Jurian/Miryam/Drakon's story
  • Feyre and Rhy's offspring
  • just more please and thank you!

This trilogy was absolutely awesome and I look forward to rereading it many more times over. Hats off.









0 Comments